If the watch has completely burst, moreover the rupture of defective surface is inward (to the table disk), the fragments of glass covere dial .As you can see, the broken Rolex watch in the picture above is a typical case of this .When this happens we must take measures immediately, the measures are as follows:
(1) pull out the crown , stop the watch.
(2) Neither pull the hands out nor put forward the calendar
(3) Watches flat (preferably glass face down), keep the watch in flat position til you have sent it to the watch repair shops
(4) No severe vibration and shaking in the mean time
(5) Ask the fixman not let the glass debris injure dial and hands in the demolition and repair
By taking the above measures ,we can protect the dial from further harm.You should konw the value of the dial is often greater than the glass, especially for those expensive watches. I have witnessed cases like this: watch was still walking when its glass was broken, then the hands accompanied the glass debris scratched the dial and the calendar dial.As a consequence , the glass and dial had to be replaced, which leaded to increased maintenance costs. I hope this won't happen to you ,as it is troublesome and takes a lot .
choose fittings front